Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oh so crafty!

Lately I've been sewing every second I can between school , business book work, keeping up the house (somewhat) and Peanut. I really am oh so crafy! Here's my latest creations:

Small over the shoulder bag for short trips. I probably won't use this but it's still really cute. It's just not a mommy purse for me. A wallet, cell, keys, sippy cup, crackers, wipes for when germy rude people think it's ok to touch Peanut, and loose change just don't fit in here.

Change purses for our vehicles. Large one is in the truck and small one in my car.

I pieced this quilt top over 2 years ago, Mom quilted it for me in September, and I finally got the binding on it in January. And Peanut's new thing is to crawl around like a maniac when a quilt is laid out on the floor. It's rather amusing and tiring for him.

Smallish bag I finished last night. The handles are long enough to go over my shoulder since carrying a short handled bag, Peanut, a diaper bag, and keys just isn't working any longer.

I practiced my meandering quilting last weekend and got my machine all set up for quilting. Instead of throwing the quilt sammich away, I turned it into a pillow. It's perfect for when my back goes out and I need extra support to sit.

And now for the good pics. Elliot had a lemon cookie for the first time the other night. He's like his mom and is a cookie monster now. Mike had to work this Saturday (yuck!) and the lady was so sweet to give him a tricycle her son outgrew. She also gave us a small basketball hoop for when Peanut gets bigger. Don't know why she moved across country with them if she was going to give them away, but we're not too proud to take a free toy. Here's Peanut's first trike ride. Notice his feet don't even touch the ground - hahahaha!

Helping mommy pick fabric for a new project. Peanut LOVES going through my fabric.

We've been busy. Business is going well. It's picked up and Mike's booked out for the next 2 weeks. That relieves a little stress for me since we go to our CPA tomorrow to get started on our taxes. I'm praying we break even, but a return would be suh-weet! Mike worked the last 2 Saturdays to help make up for taking 10 days off earlier this month, but it's picking up slowly. I'd prefer to see a few more jobs for him come in each week, but he keeps telling me busy season is just around the corner.

The weather has been beautiful lately. We had a couple cool days last week, 1 day only got to 61 burrr. Today was 75ish and tomorrow is suppose to be around that. It's time to break out the shorts.

This is all for now. Peanut and Mike are sleeping and my sewing machine is calling my name. Hopefully, tomorrow I will have a new project finished and posted.

TTFN ~ Crys

No comments: