Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Happy birthday America! 231 years old!

Ok, I know I'm posting this on July 3rd, but thats just cause I felt like doing it early.

Pretty amazing it only took such a short amount of time to take this country from what our fore fathers had dreams of it being, to the reality TV-drunk heiress in jail-school violence place that is it today, way to go America! How about we start dealing with people the way we did back in our countries beginning. You do something wrong, off you go...or off goes your head, which ever. Bah, enough of that rant.

Everyone in the house is sick right now. It sucks. Last week when Crystal and Elliot came back from visiting the NW, Elliot had a little cough going. Then, the next day, that cough became a big cough and Crystal had the little cough. A few days go by, and now I have the cough. I hope whoever made Elliot sick has a raging case of the crabs soon.

We had planned on going up to my Dads house for the 4th, but they are going on vacation next week, and it hardly seems fair to make them sick before they leave. So, now we are going to sit around the house and likely just watch TV or something.

Things are still on track for moving, we just have to put our heads together and decide how much money we need to have saved up before we go. Next week I'll be going into the bank and talking to them about a business loan to purchase the Seattle branch, and with any luck can talk them into giving a little bit extra so that we will have money to live on. I don't think there will be a problem with work coming in up there, but Crystal being the head of the Office of Financial Dealings, she thinks she gets to make the decision. Last time I checked its my business card that says El Presidente on it, and not hers! Oh well, I don't want to put us in a bind either, so its better that we have some set aside.

We have about a months worth of bills money saved now, so hopefully we can sock away another months worth in the next 2 months and that will be enough for her to relax and we will go. I've been checking on prices for moving trucks, they sure are spendy. Looks like we will be paying about the same price we did when we came down, so at least it hasn't gone thru the roof over the last year. I want to get rid of some of the junk we have around here and hopefully that will allow us to downsize and get a smaller truck too. If I get a smaller truck, and can get my Dad down here to help us load it, we will be set. I swear, he can get make a 4 bedroom house fit into a pick up truck if he had too, its amazing. I call him the moving truck Nazi.

Well, off to do a job now, everyone else is still sleeping. Lucky them :)

1 comment:

todd said...

Well the truck Nazi has some words of wisdom.

I'm sure by now you have turned the Living room into the staging area, for packed boxes and of course we will get everything in the truck. Just make sure you get the right truck even a little big then you think.
Cause you think everything is bigger then it is, oh wait you aren't talking about that.

Talk soon T/N