Yes, his shoe is on the wrong foot (without socks, sorry Mike), but I left it on because he put it on all by himself. And he was so proud of it.This afternoon, the call was for our sweet pea Clella.
Peanut rarely lets us take his picture with just a smile. Mostly, it's a finger, sippy cup, or his tongue in the way, or he turns just as the camera goes off. So, it takes many pictures and lots of frustration because my camera has a delay that makes me miss the perfect picture and I end up with lots of deleted ones. This one was too sweet to delete, the loves of my life.
We haven't really been doing much lately. I'm done with school tomorrow (WOOT!) and have a little bit to finish up this afternoon and tonight. My sewing machine keeps calling my name, but I have so many projects and things I want to start that I have a difficult time sitting down and actually accomplishing anything. Not to mention that our office/my sewing room is a disaster that needs about 3 hours devoted to it to organize, file, put away, and get clean. Ugh, where is my organization fairy when I need her.
And I'm working on Clella's birth announcements. Gotta get that perfect picture taken and then get them printed out and in the mail. I hope to get them finished this weekend, but we'll see how my camera operates.
And some not so good news, Mike has gone back to work at Portland 911. Today is his first day. We've been struggling financially since we moved back up here to keep it from happening, but the Guild just isn't taking off like we figured it would, health insurance rates dramatically increased (but we would of been accepted with another company for a few hundred less than our current company, whew), and the work just isn't coming in for us to afford not having a steady, reliable income coming in. We're hoping and praying this is a short-term fix that will let us pay off debt, build our savings back up, and that the housing slump for Portland/Vancouver area improves so much that work is steaming up our fax and email inbox.
So, while time with all of us together as a family is going to be very limited, I'm so thankful that we each were 911 dispatchers and that the City is short-staffed enough that they didn't hesitate to rehire Mike when he asked. And even asked if I was returning also. That did make me feel good to know they'd take me too, but felt even better when Mike told them that I'll be staying home with our kiddos. If I do have to go back to work, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I'm going to get some projects finished, get my Etsy store set up, and see if I can get a little income coming in for play money.
TTFN, off to hit the books for one last night.
~Crys
2 comments:
How cute!! We need to get together but just like you guys, my spare time is far and few between. Work is CRAZY and I'm doing two jobs...again. UGH! Congrats on school, that's awesome! Give me a call.
Love, Dee and the Gang
I HAVE to have a copy of that picture with the shoe!
Cute cute cute.
Post a Comment