Mike had a job in Rockaway Beach OR at the end of July so we went with him and stayed the night at the beach. This was the week it was 100+ in Portland/Vancouver so at the beach it was 70s and had tons of people all over the place. The kiddos loved the sand and Peanut loved playing in the freezing cold ocean with Mike. We ate at a fantastically delicious restaurant in Cannon Beach, played in the sand for awhile, drove to Seaside and played in the sand and ocean some more. Then grabbed Taco Bell for the drive home and got home in the evening on the hottest day of the year. To our house that had window a/c units that I turned off because I didn't think they needed to run while we weren't there. Big huge fat mistake. Our house was 92 on the inside and took about 4 hours for those units to cool it down enough to breath comfortably. At least the kiddos had one in each of their rooms so it only took about an hour to get down to a nice and comfy 71 for bedtime.
Cannon Beach OR. It was so foggy and misty on the beach and this was around 11am.



It was much clearer at Seaside and I had forgotten to put sun block on us all so we came home with red faces and ears. Thankfully both kids seem to be like Mike and after the first day, their burns turn into tans and they didn't peel. I on the other hand, am not so lucky and I didn't even get very burnt.
More pictures soon.
~Crys
No comments:
Post a Comment