No, not the precious metal type of gold, I'm talking about the crusty dust boogers you get from living in the desert. Yes, thats right, I'm talking about the usual greenish brown colored gems you usually get when you live in the pacific northwest, well down here in the southwest, its nothing but GOLD!!!! It's almost enough to start up a brand new modern day gold rush, except for the fact that they are kind of gross and no one likes to watch people dig for them in public...not that that stops people from doing it...I'm just saying.
Today marks my one week aniversary of arriving in hell, guess what? It's still HOT! It's actually not that bad anymore, I think I'm adjusting well, just not drinking enough water during the day, but I plan on stopping that, no more soda while I'm at work, from now on, just water. Speaking of water, saw another river today that runs thru town...or at least at one time it was a river, or it looks like it was maybe...now its just a dry desert area...slightly lower than the dry desert area around it. Oh well, its not like rivers dont dry up in other parts of the world...
It's been a good week at work so far, I'm enjoying learning all the different ways to fix the same problem, and learning the in's and out's of this industry, each and every day I feel better and better knowing it was the right decision. Dad says we should be able to open up Tucson the middle of September then its all down hill and lots of hard work from there out. I'm worrying about the money part, but I think thats just cause I'm not seeing a steady flow of it yet, I see my Dad getting money coming in, so I know its out there to be made, its just a matter of waiting for companies to pay you once you've gone out and fixed their boo boo's. From the looks of it, theres alot of it to be made too.
It was a long day, so I'm going to eat dinner and try to relax a little before bed. I'll end with some cool things I've seen so far during the last week.
1. On the drive here, saw a Mayflower moving truck flipped over on its side, with alot of furniture and boxes sprawled out on the freeway behind....can you say "cha ching!"
2. Lighting storms, darn near a daily occurance, for the most part they stay well on the other side of town from where we are, always fun to watch from a distance.
3. Prairie dogs, while I'm sure the golf course doesnt like them digging up the ground all the time, at least they stay to the dry barren dirt and dont mess w/ the grass too much. They leave big enough holes in the ground its hard for the kid in me to not rush out and buy some big fireworks and come back and toss them down their little holes :)
4. Black widow spider, ok, that really wasnt cool, but stepping on it was :)
5. A road runner. It didnt make the same noises as the one in the cartoons, nor did it have a coyote follwing it around...but still, not every day you see one of those.
6. The temperature gauge in the car hit 109...it rapidly went down to a cool 100 after I got it out from being parked in the sun however, so really wasnt that hot.
7. My dad royally botch up a piano that was built before the turn of the century, (the 1900 one, not the last one you boob), then work his magic and make it look brand new again.
8. 6 lane freeways stopped bumper to bumper..thankfully, we were going the other way :)
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment