HAPPY 6Month BIRTHDAY BIG BOY PEANUT! Yes, so hard to believe 6 months has flown by, but my wimpy white boy is now a whopping 16 lbs 5 ounces and getting heavier by the hour. We had a busy day today and I forgot my camera (bad mommy) so here' s a new picture from last week at my parents. Soon green green grass like this will be a distant, fond memory as brown becomes the new color of choice in my landscaping. Tomorrow 6month photos will be taken and added to the gajillion on my computer that I already have. Today was my mom's family reunion. I haven't been for 3 years because of the crappy work schedule I had and since we're unemployed, we finally made it to one. Lots of people I don't know and a few that I do. The few that I do make these functions worth it since I rarely see them and most are getting up on the years. 70's and beyond (I think). Grandpa and some great aunts and a great uncle who I only see at the reunions got to see/meet Elliot and Mike. That seemed important to me this year since we pack up the moving truck in 2 days and I don't know when we'll be able to see them again. It was fun - good potluck food, warm weather, long walk with Mike, Peanut in his stroller, and my niece Taylor. And I did a horrible mom thing and forgot my camera. Thankfully, Mom brought hers so we got some pictures out of the day. I have to burn them to a disc since she's in the boonies and still has dial-up. Oh boy, dial-up. Slow as molasses loading pages is what I get to subject myself to over the next 14 days as Peanut and I live at home for a little while before making our move to Arizona.
And what is with everyone exclaiming like we didn't know that Arizona is hot when we tell them that will be our new home?! We know, seriously, we do. Yes it's hot, but so is California, Texas, the south, the east, the midwest, the Pacific Northwest, and Haiwaii in the summer time, but only Arizona get's the "Didcha know it's hot?!" Umm, yes. And yes, everywhere has a/c so quit looking at me like I hate my baby and going to make him play outside when it's 120.
Our house is no longer ours. :( It's almost tramatic for me. I look around as see the day we moved in, the day we put Peanut's furniture together in the nursery he never slept in, the ugly carpet we ripped out as soon as we could, the work Mike has busted his arse to get done, even the stupid fracking dog behind us who barks at nothing and everything. Then I think that we'll have the luxury of raising our perfect child without the help of daycare and we can't do that here so Arizona - here we come and a/c please please I beg of you, work strong and keep my family comfortable when it's hot.
And now here's something for your reading pleasure (not that kind of pleasure you sickos)
One Word for -
1. Yourself: stressed
2. Your partner: dependable
3. Your hair: bobbish
4. Your Mother: quilty
5. Your Father: strong
6. Your favorite item: fabric
7. Your dream last night: weird
8. Your favorite drink: pepsi
9. Your dream home: log cabin
10. The room you are in: living room aka moving headquarters
11. Your pleasure: Peanut
12. Your fear: separation
13. Where you want to be in ten years: mountains
14. Who you hung out with last night: Mike
15. What you're not: toned
16. Your best friend: Mike
17. One of your wish list items: health
18. Your gender: female
19. The last thing you did: put Peanut to bed
20. What you are wearing: old tshirt and underroos
21. Your favorite weather: Autumn
22. Your favorite book: Little House on the Prairie
23. Last thing you ate: yogurt
24. Your life: frantic
25. Your mood: exhausted
26. The last person you talked to on the phone: Mom
27. Who you are thinking about right now: family
Mike just got back with Subway for dinner so TTFN ~ Crys
No comments:
Post a Comment