Monday, January 08, 2007

Recovery

Well, we made it back from "home" safe and sound. It was a very good trip. We didn't get to see everyone we wanted too, including my little brother cause he had a case of strep throat, but we did get to see a few people that we missed and that was good.

While we were there staying at Crystals Mom and Dad's house, I volunteered, got drafted, held at gun point, whatever you want to call it, to help do some remodeling around their house. Actually, I had a blast doing it. That stuff never feels like work to me, its fun. We put down new laminate flooring in their hallway to tie it in with the rest of the house, then it was time to re-do the bathroom. We stripped it down like a security risk at the airport, all the way down! We ripped out the old bath tub, the vanity and a cabinet that was above the toilet. The room looked like the Arizona country side...flat and open. After plan A was a terrible failure, we went with plan B and got the new shower installed. Took us all day, but in the end, Ernie and I were at least able to shower before we went to bed, that was nice. Then bright and early the next day (the same day we had to come back home) we got new flooring down, installed a new vanity and sink and put up a medicine cabinet. We had to leave for the airport at 2:30, and we finished at 2. So I quickly showered and got dressed, loaded our bags into the car and we were off!

The flight home sucked! Elliot nursed pretty good right when we sat down on the plane and was asleep before we took off. Then, the flight crew thought it would be neat to park the drink cart right at our isle. First can of soda they opened up "phishhh" bang, he was awake...and pissed! Good job lady! I think America West hires the not so smart ones to work on their planes. I've never seen such older women (and I'm not being mean, I'm talking early 60's easy!) working a plane before. It was rather bumpy all the way back too, which didnt help anything. Then when we landed in Phx, it was raining....deja vu? So, after waiting just over an hour our baggage finally comes out...soaking wet. Apparently it sat out on the runway for sometime so the rain could get to it. Ugh, avoid America West airlines with all your strength!

So, we got back home about 12:15 Friday morning. Saturday, Big Mike called me up and asked what my schedule looked like for the week, and I told him I had a few jobs but nothing to big...then he said "good, come pick me up at the PHX airport tomorrow". He surprised us and came down to visit for 5 days. He spent 2 of them in a rental car out driving around and checking out the sites. It was good to see him again, he's a good guy. Wish I would have gotten to spend some more time with him, but maybe next time.

While he was here, we managed to get out and see the Pima Air and Space Museum. What a let down. They had some cool planes in there and stuff, but man, they sure werent very well taken care of. I know its mostly run by volunteers and what not, which I can understand, but for the price they charge for admission (13.50) they should be able to at least keep the things painted nicely. Some of them had paint running off of them that was almost exposing the skin of the planes, sad. The plane I wanted to see the most was off limits cause they were building a new hangar around it. Sometime in April they will be done building the hangar, I don't think I'll be going back.

Only 22 more days and Crystals Mom and Dad will be down here for almost 2 weeks visiting, can't wait! Mike and I found a stocked lake not to far from our house, so going to go and get some fishing tags so Ernie and I can go fishing while they are here, thats gonna be fun. Then the day after they get here, Steve and Ronda are coming down to visit also, they will only be here for a few days, but looking forward to it none the less. Everyone will be here for Elliots 1st Birthday (Superbowl too!) so we are having a big party for him Sunday. My Mom and Dad will be down from PHX, along with my step brother, also a Mike. My Grandma Grimm is coming down from Ohio, haven't seen here in forever! It's gonna be a full house on Sunday, but it's going to be alot of fun too.

I'm off to work now, have a couple go back's today then home to work in the shop...again.

1 comment:

Ronda and Steve said...

We loved seeing you guys over Christmas and can't WAIT until our visit in February!

Guess we'll be crossing that air & space museum off our "must see" list, huh? :)