My sewing machine sucks tonight. Every one of my tricks, except one, to fix the skipping stitches isn't working. Neither are Mom's tricks or hints I've gathered on the internet. And it was sewing so beautifully a few nights ago with not one skip stitched when I appliqued 6 shirts. And calling it a stupid f-ing thing in my mean snotty voice didn't work.
The JoAnn's ad is downstairs, taunting me to go look at the pretty, shiny, new sewing machines that are on sale and won't skip stitches. Then I remember I don't have a paying job and my frivolous spending account is closed.
Of course I already heat pressed my adorable fabric to the shirts so I can't pull off the fusible web and try a different brand.
Looks like I'm gonna have to load the kiddos up in the morning and go buy a different brand of thread. That's my last trick. Keep your fingers crossed that it works. It should be fun with Peanut - he's old enough that the fabric store is boring to him and he cries "Noooooo" in the parking lot when he realizes he has to go inside with me. Oh goody, fun times.
Stupid machine.
~Crys
Friday, August 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Do as I say!!! Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Slowly raise your arms out to your side and up over your head while breathing in slowly. Now lower your arms and exhale slowly. Repeat as needed.
Sometimes it takes a while before the calm overtakes the body. Be patient!
Bring me your machine, threaded with the same thread you are using and the same needle. Bring your project. If all else fails, you can use my fancy machine.
Post a Comment