Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Beer drinking idiot!
So, the other night Crystal and I had just put Elliot to bed. It's been so hot we got a window air conditioner and put it up in our spare bedroom and moved all of our beds in there so we could all sleep at night. It's unfortunately on the front of the house and we live on a well used road. We were getting ready watch a movie on our laptop in bed when I hear the sound of breaking glass skidding along the road. No biggie, I figured some ass decided it would be neat to throw a bottle out the window as he was driving along. Then I hear a car go by, and the sounds of more breaking glass...wtf? So I jump out of bed to go see what the hell is going on. To my surprise (ok,not really surprised) some jerkoff decided to throw out a bag of his trash into our street...right in front of the house! So I throw on some shoes and head out to clean up the mess. It was mostly beer bottles in the bag, and boy did it smell yummy...or at least it would have if I were a transient who had been living on the streets for the last decade. So I start picking up the mess, almost get ran over by at least 8 passing cars...I'm wearing a really light blue shirt at the time, oh and this just happens to be right under a street light..how did these people not see me? So after yelling at all the passing cars various ethnic slurs and general screams of discontent at almost being hit, the mess is cleaned up. Now what to do with it...hey, whats this piece of paper here in the mixture of stink and broken glass? A piece of mail? Hey look, another piece of mail, and another. Would you look at that! The addresses are all the same, someone must be missing these broken bottles and missing mail....I think I'll return it! So in the house I go to google map the address and get my car keys. Off I went to find my new best friends, after all, only a pal would leave you a treat like that with out calling first. Just as I was about to pull onto this meatheads street...low and behold, another bag of garbage laying in the street. I should have picked that one up too, but who am I to take away the thrill of the hunt for someone else! I make the final turn onto their road, and my blood pressure and adrenaline go thru the roof, right where this house should be, some shmuck is standing in the road taking his boat trailer off his pick up...its fight time! woo!!! So I pull up and ask the guy all snotty "Is this 4517?", his response comes back to me in this little mousy voice "no, this is 4512, you looking for someone?" No you dolt, I just wanted to see if I could find 4517, yes I'm looking for someone! So I tell this guy what happened, and he says to me "well good for you". Directly across the street from his house, there they are, my nemisis, the evil doer's, the scurge of the earth, and I'm going to make them pay! So I take the box of crap from my trunk (by the way, temperature of about 95 out, dried up beer, and other various bits of garbage, combine well in a confined trunk space for 5 minutes, yields 3 gag reflexes when opening the trunk) and walk it up to the door. Place the box on the front step, ring the door bell about 30 times in 10 seconds, listen to their little P.O.S. dog bark like he is going to come and attack me...nothing. No one is home...or at least not answering the door. Damnit! Right then and there I should have just dumped the box out on their step, but I didnt. Why? I'm not sure...I think I'm going to have to make up for it and go back though...the local grocery store has 5 dozen eggs on sale, and I am moving out of state in a few days :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh YEEEEEEEEEAHHH! Sure makes my snotty email pale in comparison, ya nut job! ;)
Post a Comment