Friday, July 21, 2006

Just one more reason...

To hate my job. It's petty yes, but its the principle of the matter that irks me the most.

Last week for my birthday, I got a card from the ERC (Employee recognition commitee). Inside of this card was a "coupon" good for a "perfect schedule". Now, by sheer definition of the phrase "perfect schedule", doesnt that hint at the fact that I'd get to pick my entire schedule for a whole day? Good, I'm glad you think so too.

I was browsing thru the schedule today and looked at tomorrows schedule, I have a net to start my day, then 8 straight hours of phones...does the phrase "bullshit!" apply? I sure think so. So I send a message up to one of the supervisors asking, "hey, I have this card for a perfect schedule, can I use it for tomorrow?" So I get back the response "sure, you can pick up to 3 nets"....3? Did I get 4 hours off and I didnt know about it? Cause we have 5 shots during a normal day...why only 3? So I ask, I'm told "its only good for 3". Now I'm really confused, "how is it a perfect schedule if I only get 3, that doesnt sound like perfect, marginally better than normal maybe, but not perfect". Turns out this a rule they implemented after people complained when they came in and saw that someone had a "perfect schedule" of 5 dispatch nets and no phones...well hello you idiots, thats why its called a perfect schedule! Did it bother to pass thru the empty voids some of my co-workers call brains that they too have a birthday, minus the few that spawned straight out of hell, and would get a "perfect schedule" when the time came too? No, they are too busy trying to screw someone over and ruin a good thing for the rest of the work force. I'm so tired of working with the old croon's that do this crap I could just spit. Cant you people just freaking get along with each other? No, you cant. Thats why you suck! Thats why no one wants to work in that festering pit of slime and disgust. It takes quite alot to get me to hate something, but that place is and has been at the top of my list for sometime now. Its a damn good thing I'm almost out of there, I'm not sure how much more of the double standards I can stomach. I have 6 days and 9 hours to go, they will be lucky if they see me for half of it. If only the house had sold for just a bit more money, I could just not worry about having to be there for our benefits to carry over thru the month of August, nothing would please me more than to not ever go back. I hope some of you people wake up, find something that makes you happy in life and stop trying to make everyone you work with miserable. Not only does it make life worse for others, deep down inside its killing you. Get over yourselves, your not in high school anymore.

I'm getting off my soap box now, I need to try and go to sleep and this is just raising my blood pressure.

1 comment:

JENNY @ jennybandco.blogspot.com said...

serenity now michael!!!
I can't even imagine all the stuff that goes on when working for the city--- esp. the city of pdx--- ugh! what's that song that comes to mind... oh yeah--- take this job and *you know what comes next*--- haha! almost there!