2 Batters later, another guy hits a ball, this one a screaming line drive that just gets passed our short stop and is rolling along the ground all nice and lazy...so I run at it and go down to one knee, glove on the ground to stop the ball, just when the timing of the ball should have hit my glove, I feel nothing...wheres the ball? I look down, nothing, then look behind me as the ball continues to roll along the ground..wtf? How the hell did that happen? Well, not to make excuses, but the ground out in that park isnt what you'd call "level", in fact, it resembles the moon..with grass. Lots of hills and valleys and bumps and whatnot, my little brother Geoff was playing left field right next to me, and he said it looked like the ball hit one of the many bumps and changed directions and went right past my glove...whatever, bunch of crap!!! With moves like those, no way I'm ever going to be able to fake my way into a special olympics team!
I did have some good moments at the plate though. I had 3 at bats, and went 3 for 3, 4 RBI's that I counted, and scored 2 runs. That was the first game that our bats have been working well enough to allow me to even cross home plate! So we are getting better as a team. I should mention however, that somehow, on my last at bat, I smashed the ball well enough I think I could have turned it into a double, however, the softball gods have other plans in mind for me. After I swung the bat, I took off running for first, somehow, as I released the bat, it came swinging back around and hit my right ankle, forcing my leg out of alignment just enough so that my left ankle came down and hit my right leg, thus causing me to go ass over tea kettle. I got slammed down to all 4's and ended up with this:

I'm gonna kinda miss playing with this group, I have alot of fun playing with them. Probably not as much fun as I'd have on that above mentioned Olympic team, but hey, its fun none the less. Crystal likes to remind me I looked like a tee baller out there trying to field that rolling grounder, isnt she nice?
1 comment:
Oh my poor baby boy!!! Does that need a Momma kiss????
Post a Comment